Are you suffering from a leaky bladder? Is it hard for you to empty your bladder completely? Or maybe you feel like you need to go way too often.
These are common issues for many women and frequently go unaddressed. The good news is that if you do suffer from the above symptoms, I offer specialized urodynamics tests in my office that allow me to narrow down the cause of your bladder problems to properly address your symptoms and provide treatment options specific to your needs.
Urodynamics consists of several tests that provide valuable insight to how a patient’s lower urinary tract (urethra and bladder) are functioning. These tests determine how well the bladder is holding urine and evaluates the bladder’s ability to empty properly. Urodynamic testing is key to determining the cause of bladder incontinence.
It is fascinating what all the tests can tell us! Urodynamics commonly includes the following:
- Uroflowmetry: measurement of urine volume and speed
- Postvoid Residual Measurement: measures the amount of urine remaining in the bladder after urination
- Cytometric Test: measures how much the bladder can hold when it communicates with the brain that it is full
- Leak Point Pressure Measurement: determines the point at which the bladder leaks are involuntary
- Pressure Flow Study: measures the pressure the bladder requires to urinate
- Electromyography: evaluates for nerve or muscle damage
If you are one of the 25% to 45% of women who suffer from bladder leakage, I encourage you to give my office a call! To patients, bladder symptoms may feel like an embarrassing or uncommon problem but I promise it isn’t. Don’t let your bladder condition hold you back from the things you love, my team is here to help you get your life back again.