Telemedicine Now Offered At ChristiMD Medical Group!
Telemedicine has actually been around for decades but was seldomly used. Now that we are in a global pandemic, you have probably heard “telemedicine” used quite frequently lately. Now, millions of Americans have turned to telemedicine to help with illness, so they do not have to go into a doctor’s office, emergency room or urgent care clinic.
Primary, specialty and mental health care services can be provided through telemedicine. Some specialties prove to be more difficult, as depending on your illness, you may need a physical exam. This is something your doctor can discuss in your initial phone or video call. You and your doctor can discuss the safest way to make sure you receive the care you need during this time.
During this time, many insurance providers are temporarily waiving copayments or other charges for virtual care. You can contact your insurance provider to determine if you are eligible.
These are all steps to limit exposure and ease the strain on emergency rooms and urgent care clinics. Even after the coronavirus pandemic ends, many people feel the telemedicine option is here to stay. Patients, doctors and insurance providers are realizing the value of telemedicine options.
ChristiMD Medical Group & Telemedicine
Due to the rapidly changing COVID-19 situation and the Houston Shelter in Place Order, the ChristiMD Medical Group will be working from home and providing you with excellent telemedicine. We want you to know during these uncertain times that we are here for you. If you have any urological issues, like a kidney stone or urinary tract infection, you can reach out to us! We can also do consultations and treatment plans through telemedicine. Surprisingly, we can deal with many issues over the phone. We can see you in the office if you have an urgent or emergent issue to try to limit your exposure to the emergency rooms and urgent care clinics. We will do everything in our power to help you, so you are feeling your best!
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) suggest using telemedicine options to treat patients during the COVID-19 outbreak. The health and safety of our patients and staff at the ChristiMD Medical Group is our top priority.
The ChristiMD Medical Group also encourages patients to follow these guidelines to prevent illness:
- Stay home as much as possible if you are well, and stay home 100% if you or family members are sick, except to receive medical care.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
- Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Soap destroys the virus capsule, even better than hand sanitizer.
- If soap and water are not readily available, clean your hands with a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Follow all federal, state and local regulations.
- Practice good self-care to keep your immune system strong: Eat healthy foods, move your body, reach out to friends and family virtually, get outside in nature, limit news and screen time.
Sending you blessings during this time!